Insurance & Accounts
The Valley Private Hospital has agreements in place with major health insurance funds. Under these agreements, you’re not required to pay the portion of your account that is covered by your health fund, as we’ll claim these benefits on your behalf.
Self Insured Patients
Self insured patients are required to pay the estimated hospital account on admission.
Department of Veterans' Affairs
GOLD card Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) patients will have their account sent directly to the DVA for payment. DVA patients are responsible for calls made to mobiles, STD and ISD numbers.
See DVA for information about DVA services at The Valley Private Hospital.
Workers Compensation patients need to make arrangements to have their claim approved prior to admission.
After you leave Hospital, you may receive bills from other providers for charges incurred during your stay that aren’t the responsibility of the Hospital. These are therefore charged separately. They may include:
- Your treating doctor's fees
- Anaesthetic fees
- Emergency Department attendance. For example, if you received treatment in the Emergency Department prior to your admission, you’ll receive a separate account for the doctor's consultation and treatment fees plus a $120 facility fee.
- Pathology (Melbourne Pathology onsite)
- Radiology (MIA Radiology services onsite)
- Cardiology (The Valley Cardiac Services)
- Allied Health
- Hiring of physical aids
- Prosthesis Items